Ullus Partum Est Verum In Ipsum.

My poetry has no form, because like poetry, I am formless. Everything I am is changing at all times.... so in this mode, all my poetry is but a glimpse of a single moment, or feeling, or idea.
You are getting a snap shot into someones soul at any given moment. You are getting a peek at something that is already gone. Like old stars, we only see the light from something already altered. Like old stars poetry gives us a way to trace back feelings and connect..... on a very human level.

Search My Poetry

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Your like hunger pains (b)

I wish I could write something
tonight
that was pure of verse
and poetic and not trite
but I cant concentrate on
stanzas
or any type
of rhythmic prose
truth is
your like hunger pains to me
a constant ache
that cant be fed
a parched tongue
with no water to cool cracked lips
because I find you in everything I do
it cant be avoided
because my heart wants you hear
and I cant
and I dont want
to erase everything of you
I cant see a white car
without my heart skipping a beat
I cant drive past the school yard
where we used to meet
I cant fall asleep well
without your scent on the sheets
it hurts like a puncture wound
to the heal
to have to walk past the area
where you live

but now I see that you feel the same
the whole time part of me figured
you had murdered my memory
buried it far below ground
but this whole time you kept it alive
inside
your quiet eyes
that cut right through me
like a butcher knife
I never knew
you felt this way too
have to figure out
what changed our tune
what wobbled our record
what put a knock in our gears
take things slowly
and figure out
who we are
us,...us.....
i like to say it
it feels good coming out
like song

your name is like a touch of honey to me
and you know how i love honey in tea baby....

figure things out
as we go
decide how to fix
this mess
called love


and feel your heart beat
through the warmth
of your shirt
and love you like I always have
even when it hurt
balls in your court now
prove to me I am
a petal
worth the thorns
because you are still
the knight of my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment