Ullus Partum Est Verum In Ipsum.

My poetry has no form, because like poetry, I am formless. Everything I am is changing at all times.... so in this mode, all my poetry is but a glimpse of a single moment, or feeling, or idea.
You are getting a snap shot into someones soul at any given moment. You are getting a peek at something that is already gone. Like old stars, we only see the light from something already altered. Like old stars poetry gives us a way to trace back feelings and connect..... on a very human level.

Search My Poetry

Monday, March 15, 2010

Silence By LunaVega © 2009 ( SUBJECT: love )

It is silent.
I am still.
and....I am so empty....
If you put your ear to my chest
you would hear the wind
whistling through the hollow rungs
that used to be there
to hang my heart....
but my heart is gone
it was stolen
by a man whom I loved
more completely then oceans
smooth great boulders
and more deeply
then the deepest fault lines
and he did find faults
in me
for me
of us
and that heart he took
and that heart he left
on the sidewalk
for someone else
and now it is cracked
and covered with debris
and it wont work
at all correctly
He was a silken ribbon
I could wrap around myself
in troubled times
but he left me troubled
for all time
a shattered garage
where a bit of hope
used to be parked
a beloved dress
burnt with an iron
ruined for all who see it
and want to hold it
there after
and into his arms I pray I will fall
but he would not catch me
and the gravity of that truth
in this silence
in this midnight air
is more then I can dare
live with

No comments:

Post a Comment